Arte y pulpos -Justin Degarmo-


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ilustración de Justin Degarmo en la que un chico japonés parece estar en plena mariscada ante el asombro de muchosotros japonesitos. Que me lo expliquen... pero bueno Justin Degarmo es un artista bastante conceptual.
La página de Justin Degarmo se puede visitar: aquí.
Justin Degarmo

Justin Degarmo
Born in upstate New York, and raised in southern California, Washington DC, & Okinawa, Japan. Educated at the Ringling School of Art & Design (received a BFA in illustration). Currently freelancing from a small space in Arizona.
I was born in 1979 (Glens Falls, NY). My father went into the Marine Corps when I was a year old, so we moved around a lot during my childhood. The longest I've ever lived in any home is 4 years. The constant relocating and exposure to different ways of life is something I probably didn't appreciate at the time...but I value it now.

I developed an interest in drawing early on. Always wanted to paint, but had little access to the materials while growing up. Mostly just did color pencil sketching on computer paper. Received encouragement from family and peers, built up some unrealistic hope, and went to town with it. I finally started to learn about painting in 1998, at college. It really changed my creative thought process....as did my peers, who treated painting as a lifestyle, and encouraged me to push my work further. Then I was opened up to art history. It was inspiring, humbling and overwhelming. I eventually began keeping sketchbooks / journals to organize my thoughts, and interpret them visually. I'm still working things out, and hope to continue doing so for a long time.”

I gather inspiration mostly from current events, rare bits of social interaction, childhood memories, food, and music. I'm also a sucker for pretty packaging.

Labels:


0 Responses to “Arte y pulpos -Justin Degarmo-”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Another Links

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Unión de Bloggers Hispanos blog search directory Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites Top Personal blogs


ATOM 0.3